21 December 2021
- Nutrasweet Corporation has not used aspartame since 2014, so a link to one of their page was broken. Their current sweetening product is based on stevia extracts.
18 November 2010
- Minor word changes above contents and in Definition 0.
3 November 2010
- Youtube link now makes the recommended search for you.
- Repaired two or three broken links.
2 November 2010
14 April 2008
- Added a link for Oliver North. Minor word changes in Multimedia.
28 December 2007
- Embedded the YouTube video sample from an instructional DVD
28 December 2006
- Toned down the stuff about country line dancing.
- Added a link for History of Contra Dance.
- Noted the existence of contra dance videos on YouTube.
29 August 2006
- Changed the link for where to find contra dances.
- Removed Joel's email address. I'm sure the address is not working anymore.
- Added link for Wikipedia's definition.
- Changed the name of one section.
- Another suggestion for dizziness.
21 August 2006
- Removed the link for Sarah Davis paintings as the paintings are no longer there.
1 March 2006
- Added a link for a page about Irish Set Dancing.
- Added a link for a page about Scottish Country Dancing.
13 February 2004
- Added "might have" to the etymology section.
26 August 2003
- Made the credit to Dance Awakening for the graphic more obvious.
- Added ellipses to the Credits and Thanks section.
19 June 2003
- Added a link for Sarah Davis' paintings.
- Updated the pro-aspartame link.
- Added an "About English Country Dance" link.
- Changed some words here and there.
12 February 2003
- Updated the link for Doug Plummer's photographs.
5 September 2002
- Replaced a dead link with a link to Charlie Seeling's Contra Dance Links page.
9 April 2002
- Made it explict that I created the page.
24 August 2000
- Added a boast about the ancientness of the page.
- The word "usually" has been inserted into the sentence, "A caller, usually working with a group of live musicians..."
- Added a link to a discussion on "contra dance" etymology.
17 October 1999
- Heavier promotion of the Contra Dance Primer. It's up at the top now.
30 June 1999
- Added some text to the section on dizziness regarding keeping your head level, and ginger.
18 December 1998
- Added a link to the Contra Dance Primer.
30 October 1998
- Moved the credits at the top to join the other credits at the bottom.
- Added some words at the top of the page.
- Added an attribution to the analogy definition.
30 July 1998
- Updated a stale URL.
- Added links to the "What Is English Country Dance?" page.
7 April 1998
- Fun with style sheets.
- Added a new link for Dance Awakening a little late. It's still more up-to-date than the old link (Kiran's).
7 February 1998
- Fixed a typo made on 16 December 1997 in the Kirchner anchor.
16 December 1997
- Changed the links to Kiran's page to David Kirchner's Contra Dance Indicies page, since Kiran's pages were getting a little long in tooth.
- Added more (mis?)information to the dizziness topic.
- Added a link to Doug Plummer's page of Contra and Square dance photographs.
25 March 1997
- Added a new definition, #0. (I wanted it to be first but was too lazy to renumber the others.)
- Made changes and additions to the Defintion 1 paragraph on eye contact.
- Changed the anti-nutrasweet link to a working one and added a pro-nutrasweet link.
- Added the phrase "full-tilt" before "multimedia" because, apparently, "multimedia" means any medium or media in association with computers, not several different media deployed in concert.
- Added a paragraph at the end of the section on learning to contra dance.
- Subtle word changes here and there.
15 July 1996
- Added a new topic on dizziness.
- Rewrote first paragraph of the section "Why can't I find a multimedia..."
- Reworded the link to Kiran's contradance page.
14 May 1996
- Removed the embarrassing Bob Dylan reference altogether.
- Changed some words about avoiding dizzyness.
- Toned down slightly the slam against line dancing. (Or was that a line against slam dancing.)
13 March 1996
- Changed some plain text to a link. Didn't change the mod date.
5 September 1995
- Slight change to the title of Definition 5.
- Added two words to the section, "Why can't I find a multimedia..."
12 June 1995
- Added Definition 5.
- No longer invoke the cgi-bin code that counts accesses. It's buggy, at least on my ISP's system.
10 March 1995
- Smoothed out the graphic.
- Added words to Definition 2 regarding family dances.
- Added a paragraph to Definition 2 about dancing the opposite role.
2 March 1995
- Definition 1 (an earnest attempt):
- Subtle and not-so-subtle changes in the first paragraph.
- Added paragraphs about:
- walk-throughs, calling, and the phase-out of calling
- social aspects
- children at dances
- family dances
- Added a gratuitous insult to men.
- Definition 2 (what contra dance is not):
- Added words about the Nicaraguan contras.
- Added words about footwear required by some groups.
- Definition 3 (whimsical)
- Pointed out that it's not always true
- Added a more prudent, less whimsical, description
- Why can't I find a multimedia...
- Other Web pages you should know about (new topic)
- Credit and Thanks (new topic)
- Added a link to this new document.
- I now ask readers to reload the page if it looks garbled. There seems to be a bug in the cgi-bin code that counts visits to the page. It sometimes loses a big chunk of text right before the visit count.
8 February 1995